About MG

by Meredith Green


Well hello there!

Welcome to BKMG, a site filled with mostly healthy recipes, great stuff to read, and more. 99.9% of the time you can find me either reading in the corner of a room or in the kitchen cooking or eating. This blog is where I share what I'm eating and what I'm reading and a few other things along the way. That's the beauty of having your own blog, you get to do whatever you want. 

I've had Celiac Disease for almost 10 years now, and I have a soft spot of vegan food (even though I am not actually a vegan or vegetarian), so you can always trust that the food I post on here is wholesome, nutritious, and totally gluten free!  If it's not, I'll let you know. 

Everything in moderation... including moderation.

I started this blog in October of 2014 to fight career boredom and it has now become one of my favorite things to do! So have a look around and please do say hello! 

Word,

MG

FAQ

What does BKMG stand for?

In short, BK is for Brooklyn (where I live) and MG is my nickname (my real first name is Meredith, I'll leave you to guess my last name). However, this blog was originally called The Bee's Knees. When I decided to change it, I thought the BK was a nice nod to the blog's original name. 

Who takes your pictures?

I'd say 95% of the pictures on here I take myself, usually with my iPhone. I'm working on getting more familiar with a fancy camera, but the best camera is the camera you have and I always have my phone. The other 5% of the pictures are taken by my boyfriend, The B Man, who is not only quite talented, but also a professional. 

Do you make money doing this?

Currently (as of August 2015) this is just a hobby. However I'm working on monetizing the blog and will always inform you when a post was sponsored or contains affiliate links. I also will never recommend anything I don't totally dig. 

Do you have a real job then?

Sometimes. 

What platform do you use?

Squarespace. I absolutely love it and recommend it to anyone wanting to start a blog.

What's it like to live in NYC, isn't it crowded and expensive?

Yes, it's very crowded and very expensive, but worth all the nonsense you have to deal with, although I'm not 100% sure why. I've wanted to live here my entire life and most days can't believe I made that happen. But one of the reasons I started this blog was because I get asked that all the time and it's a very hard question to answer. I figured I'd show you rather than tell you. 

If you have more questions or are interested in collaborating email me at thebkmg@gmail.com I don't bite and I promise I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Now go have a look around, will you?